HOUNDSTOOTH CLOTHING CO: TEAM MEMBER JOB DESCRIPTION
Employment Type: Part Time and Full Time
$11.00 - $13.50 Per Hour
Incentive Base Bonus
We offer a creative and friendly environment with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Houndstooth Clothing Co. (“Houndstooth”) began in 1992 as a one-man operation creating and designing quality retail products. We operate 5 brick and mortar locations as well as an online store. At Houndstooth, people are the core of our business, and taking care of our customers is just as important as taking care of our associates. It is with great importance that we continue to strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. We believe the best products are created when everyone operates as a single unit with common goals. Our success is measured as a team. Our mission is to cultivate a team of creative individuals that are not only consistently inspired to create unbeatable designs, but also provide exceptional customer service.
The framework of our culture includes:
- Authenticity. To be clear, to stay true to one's own personality, spirit, or character.
- Instinctive. To remain driven by doing what you love.
- Mindfulness. To contain sensibility to, awareness of, or ability to express meaning, feeling, or value.
- Appreciation. To celebrate the good.
- Trust. To maintain an open, honest, collaborative, and family-oriented environment where employees feel comfortable and confident in sharing ideas.
- Creativity. To not take ourselves too seriously and use our imaginations to drive innovation and fuel better products, service, and processes.
We are seeking candidates for current and future consideration. If you believe your skills, experience, and passion would be a great fit for Houndstooth, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Team is composed of individuals who are highly motivated to provide a superior guest experience. Under the guidance of the Management team, the Team Members are responsible for ensuring that sales goals are achieved by supporting and executing brand standards for our guests and team. This will include assisting with guests needs, offering product knowledge, merchandising, handling cash transactions, and maintaining a neat and visually inspiring shopping environment.
Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule according to the needs of the business, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Contributes to a positive and professional work environment, and collaborates with all team members.
- Represents Houndstooths core values, emphasizing a positive work environment
- Maintains a high degree of personal integrity.
- Recognizes opportunities to learn and grow, and invests in skills/experience that will help prepare him/her for the next level of responsibility.
- Networks to attract the best talent.
- Proactively engages in a selling culture that focuses on building a loyal guest following through clear and positive communication.
- Provides excellent customer service on the selling floor, in the fitting room and at the cash wrap.
- Is able to balance our guest experience with necessary operational tasks.
- Helps to maintain a visually pleasing storefront that is compelling to our guests at all times.
- Assists in delivering our visual brand standards and presenting our unique product mix by actively working with products including: stocking, replenishing, folding, hanging, and displaying.
- Proactively educates himself/herself on product knowledge, campaign promotions and merchandising standards.
- Understands and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Performs store opening and closing procedures.
- Works effectively with team members to ensure the selling floor, cash wrap, fitting rooms and stockroom are clean and well maintained per Houndstooth’s standards.
- Demonstrates an interest level in understanding retail sales and the relationship to inventory levels in order to assist in identifying needs with the Houndstooth Management Team.
- Protects the physical assets of the boutique by participating in weekly audits, routine monthly department counts and an annual physical inventory.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a specialty retail store is preferred
- Strong merchandising and visual skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills; able to execute tasks efficiently
- Proactive and creative problem solving ability
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, squatting and climbing
- Must be able to work alone
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs